Consider How You Can Use the PLN Interactions of This Course to Further Your Digital Identity Post-term?

I have been interacting with my PLN on Mattermost from being enrolled in this course. I’ve put effort into interacting with my peers and group members for my group project. We have shared ideas and knowledge back and forth. It’s helped me create a digital identity on a platform I wouldn’t normally use. I’ve learned that communicating and engaging with your peers can only benefit your PLN and what I will do from now on to further my digital identity is keep participating and being active online. 

What Does It Mean to Have A Digital Identity in Your Industry of Choice and Can Your Current PLN Be Used to Help Professional Development Post-Course? 

A digital identity in your industry of choice can take you a long way and show you are established. It can open doors and benefit your future and goals. My PLN right now is related to this class and is not what I would put out there looking to further my professional career. But I will take skills I learned in this class and keep connections with students. I have to make sure I can use it for that purpose. I have learned that I can shape my PLN to jobs I am interested in and I can use it to make a push for my career.

Additionally, As You Progress Through the Steps of Your Career, Can Your PLN Be Relied on To Open Professional Opportunities?

I honestly believe that a PLN can open professional opportunities. PLN’s require engagement and collaboration. You meet people who are like minded and you can make connections to open doors for professional opportunities. You can build a digital identity as well and be active and it can open professional opportunities. In the future, I will be looking to use my PLN to open professional opportunities.